Today (11/27) through Cyber Monday (11/30/2020), get a *15% aloecream.biz gift card in the form of a coupon code on your purchase!
* Gift card value is determined by the total of your purchase, minus the shipping costs. So if your order was $106 with shipping ($6 shipping), you would receive a non-expiring $15 coupon code that can be used for any future purchases. All coupon codes will be emailed during the first week of December. $50 maximum value for each gift card/coupon code.
Yahoo email users: please make sure to check your SPAM folders. Our emails frequently find themselves sorted into that folder.
The Holidays are Near!
We use USPS as our shipping courier. They have recently announced the recommended SHIP BY dates in order to receive your packages before December 25th. Here are their recommendations:
- First Class Package: Ship by December 18th.
- Priority Mail: Ship by December 19th.
- Priority Mail Express: Ship by December 23rd.
- Media Mail & Parcel Select Ground: Ship by December 15th.
- Simple Export Rate, First Class Package International, and Priority Mail International: Ship by November 30th for Africa, Central America, and South America—and by December 7th for the rest of the world.
- Priority Mail Express International: Ship by December 7th for Africa, Central America, and South America—and by December 14th for the rest of the world.
As a reminder, we always ship all placed orders the next available day. So if you’d like a better chance at receiving your package before Dec 25th, please make sure to order at least 1 day prior to the dates above.
Happy Holidays from the Hawaiian Moon family and please be safe!
Cool Aloe Vera Facts!
The aloe vera plant has been around for thousands of years, with evidence of ancient Egyptians using it as part of burial rituals. At first, it was thought to be a type of cactus. Now we know that it actually isn’t, but is instead a succulent. Besides knowing how beneficial it is to use on our skin, here are some additional cool facts about the Aloe Vera plant.
- Aloe Vera has natural antibacterial, antiviral, and antiseptic properties! The aloe Vera plant is a rich source of saponins, which are compounds that fight against bacteria, viruses, and fungi.
- The Aloe Vera plant consists of more than 90% water! Because of this, the Aloe Vera plant can survive in arid environments.
- Aloe Vera can survive over 100 years in the wild!
- The Aloe Vera plant typically grows to be between roughly 2 and 3 feet tall.
- Aloe Vera is used in both the food and cosmetic industry. In the food industry for the production of different beverages and yogurts. In the cosmetic industry for the production of shampoos, makeup, soaps, and lotions.
- The Aloe Vera plant has multiple uses. It’s seeds can be used as biofuel!
- Aloe Vera has over 240 known varieties!
- The Aloe Vera plant’s gel has multiple topical uses including psoriasis, sunburn, dry skin, and frostbite. It can even be used to replace your hair conditioner and as a makeup remover!
- The extracted Aloe Vera gel from the plant contains upwards of 70 different vitamins, amino acids, minerals, and enzymes that are extremely beneficial for your health!
- Non-topical uses of the Aloe Vera plant’s gel include assistance in treating diabetes, epilepsy, asthma and osteoarthritis!
- Feeling clogged up? Aloe Vera juice has been used as a laxative that prevents or treats constipation. The juice has also shown that it can aid in cleansing, repair, and internal healing when ingested properly.
- The Aloe Vera plant’s gel has shown clear evidence that it accelerates wound healing. Studies suggest that it is an effective topical treatment for first and second degree burns.
Of course, we could give you dozens more cool facts about the Aloe Vera plant. Instead, we’ll tell you exactly why we use it in all of our Hawaiian Moon Aloe products.
We use organic Barbadensis Miller aloe as the primary ingredient for each of our Hawaiian Moon Aloe products. It is the most potent form of aloe available. Our favorite properties of the Aloe Vera plant include it’s antibacterial and antiviral properties, it’s more than 70 minerals and vitamins it provides, it’s excellent effects on our skin (including it’s excellent moisturizing and healing properties), and the multiple uses the Aloe Vera plant can offer (biofuel, drinks, food, etc).
Start shopping our Hawaiian Moon Aloe products!